A very quick and easy snack, with the added benefit of having both savoury and sweet options!
Ingredients: to 6 crispy leaves
- A little oil
- 6 common mallow leaves
- A pinch of salt, or a dusting of icing/caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 180 C. Line a flat tray with baking paper.
- Wash and dry your leaves, rub a little oil on them and lightly salt.
- Spread the leaves out on your tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy – I like them when they’re still a little warm from the oven.
As before, but leave out the salt, and once you’ve laid the leaves out on your tray, dust them with icing or caster sugar. If you have a sweet-tooth (as I do), these are highly recommended as a crispy, chewy, sweet snack.